Hebrews 1:3 NIV

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ashley In Mexico???

Hey there family and friends!!! I have this exciting opportunity before me. February 11-21 a small group from Downline (the discipleship program I am in) is heading out to Mexico. And I have been accepted to go with them. However, with that comes the cost of the trip, which is $1700. An amazing donation of $500 has already been generously given to my behalf, but I am still in need of raising more support. Due tomorrow is a total of $900, I am short $400, then the rest must be paid by the middle of January (not sure of the date). I am of course working and will be giving as much as possible out of my own but am very aware of the need I have for financial support. If you are thinking about joining with me for this trip let me just share a few words on what will be taking place in Mexico.


We will be teaching at a 2 day conference in Cancun and then head over to Merida to teach pastors and their wives as well. Now, don't let the city impress you, though we may be able to enjoy some free time in Cancun, we are there to teach what we have been learning from downline, this isn't a paid vacation by any means.
The lesson that I will be teaching is the 10 Qualifications of a Discipler:
1. Love God and Love Others (Matt 22:37-40)
2. Have an Eternal Perspective (Eph 1:15-18)
3. Know Sound Doctrine (2 Tim 2:15)
4. Communicate Sound Doctrine
5. Incarnate "Live-Out" Sound Doctrine (1 Thess 2)
6. Be Relational and Transparent
7. Have the Ability to Inspire
8. Have the Ability to Reprove (2 Tim 4:15)
9. Have a Virile "Vibrant" Devotional Life
10. Persevere


I am so excited to be accepted to go on this trip and teach other women how to disciple. Our purpose is to train the leaders in the cities so that they may reach their people. So often people think that if they just go for a week and spend time with someone, leading them to Christ then all is great. But, what happens to that person after you leave? They need to be placed under someone of Truth that will hold them accountable, just like I need that. So, though I am not discouraging evangelism, I support it, I want to be clear our missions is not to just share the gospel and leave, but to share and also entrust the Word to faithful men and women.


I hope that you would pray for me, even if you are not able to join with me financially.


For now,
Ashley  Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment