Hebrews 1:3 NIV

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Friday, February 3, 2012

In 8 Days!!!

Hello again! I am so excited to tell you that I will be leaving for Mexico in 8 DAYS!!! My flight leaves out at 7:30 am on Saturday the 11th, which I found out means that I will have to be at the airport at 5:15am that morning...but I'm up for it! I can't wait to tell you about this trip, so look forward to reading about it within that next week I get back, (I get back on the 19th). I want to thank those who have financially and prayerfully supported me for this journey. Please continue to pray for me, the team that I am going with, and all the people there. So far I do not have enough funds to pay for the entire trip but I know that God has me covered. It's crazy how anxious I can get, when on the way to doing something the Lord wants me to do, because I haven't received everything for the task yet. Everything that the Lord has for me to do, He will supply my needs, that has to be a constant reminder, and not just for me, for you too, no matter what it is. If we fail to trust in the Lord we fail to love the Lord.


I have been doing lots of different things to get ready for this trip. I learned how to ask for a bottle of water. If you didn't know, you can't drink the tap water there, it will make you sick. One night, almost a month ago I approached a man that I see often, that I thought spoke English, and began a conversation with him about Mexico, which is where he was from. It turns out he doesn't speak English! I wasn't too disappointed though because we were still able to communicate with one another, without having to use many hand motions. It was a fun experience, hopefully for both of us. To get more comfortable with my talk I have been sharing it with others whenever possible. I was grateful to be able to share it with three co-workers after work one day and this next Wednesday I will share it with my discipleship group.


It's hard to only write about this upcoming trip when so much has been going on in my life, but I will leave you with this for now. I hope that you are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment