Hebrews 1:3 NIV

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

4 Months In

Oh my! Oh my! It is already the first week in DECEMBER!! I seriously cannot grasp how quick these past 4 months have gone. Before I left OKC I planned on updating my blog once a week...here's 4 months later. Although I have been super busy I've been having a pretty good time here in Memphis. Classes have been amazingly overwhelming.
During orientation week the leaders began telling us that we were going to gain a lot of knowledge on the Bible but that if that was the reason we were here this program would fail us. They have been constantly reminding us of that every week, and it is a great reminder of why I am here, not just here in Memphis, but here on earth. As a Christian, where ever I am studying the Bible, if it is merely that I may know more about it, then I have lost sight of the Gospel. Christ did not die just so that I may become knowledgeable of His Word. Christ died on the cross taking my sins and defeating death so that I may be redeemed, have a loving relationship with my Creator, and live a life that glorifies Him, and that includes knowing His Word. With all of the classes I have, 3 (sometimes 4) times a week, I see how easy it is to place my focus on learning, "getting", what the teacher taught. The Spirit graciously reminds me that I am to not keep the information for myself so that I can be "that girl that knows a lot about the Bible", but so that I may impart it to others as well as have the realization of what it actually means
I challenge you to sit down and meditate on what God's Word means to you. Why do you call yourself a Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment